- data protection compliance;
- your private information and personal data collected through our Site or which may be provided by you upon registration, in an email or a Text Message, (together "private information");
- our intended usage of such private information;
- choices available regarding opt-in/opt-out, data collection, use and distribution of private information;
- security measures to protect the loss or misuse of private information under Platform Ireland's control; and
- how to maintain the accuracy of your private information.
Data protection compliance
We retain two types of information:
- Personal Data : This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised, telephone number, and billing and credit card information. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
- Non-Personal Data : Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our web site. This non-personal data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
We will collect, store and use ("process") your personal data in a manner that is compatible with the Data Protection Act (Amendment) Act 2003 (the "Act"). We will endeavour to keep your personal data accurate and up to date and will not keep it for longer than seven years from the first date of receipt of your data. We are the "data controller" for the purposes of the Act.
Right of Access
You have a right to be given a copy of any of your personal data held by us, in accordance with section 4 of the Data Protection Acts subject to certain exceptions. To request a copy of your personal data please write to Platform Ireland Beta, Cleaheen, Cootehall, Boyle, Co. Roscommon, Ireland with cheque or postal order for the prescribed fee of €6.35 made payable to Still Point Productions Ltd. However, use of our preferred format is not mandatory. We do not accept access requests via telephone, email or text message.
Processing your Personal Data
Under the Act, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes (or in certain circumstances we may tell you specifically that your personal data will not be used for marketing processes at all). We may request from time to time, when collecting your data, your consent to our or third parties’ using your data for such purposes. In such cases, you can inform us of your preferences in relation to such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms that we use to collect your data.
Right of rectification or erasure
If we hold incorrect information about you which was originally submitted by you through this website, you have the right to have the data amended. Further, you have the right to have any information you have sent to us via this website erased.
To request your right to rectification and/or erasure please send your request to us in writing to: Platform Ireland, Cleaheen, Cootehall, Boyle, Co. Roscommon, Ireland together with:
- Your name and address.
- A description of the specific personal data you wish rectified.
- If you request an erasure of your personal data all your data will be erased subject to the following important notice.
We are not required to rectify or erase your data where to do so would prevent you from meeting your contractual obligations to us or where we are required to process (including retaining) your personal data for a lawful purpose in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
Collection and use of private information
You agree that we may use your private information for the following purposes:
- We may use your private information to operate the features of the Site, to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site if you choose to do so, to track your entries, submissions and status in contests and other promotions that we may run, to carry out our contractual obligations to you and, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes, to provide you with information, products or se rvices that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- The collected information may be provided in the aggregate to third parties, including potential business partners and advertisers, but this information is not linked to any PII before it is disclosed unless Platform Ireland has obtained your consent.
Disclosure of private information
Consent/opt-in + Opt out
Platform Ireland endeavours to ensure the commercially reasonable protection of each user's PII. We have implemented security measures to protect private information collected on our Site against loss, misuse or alteration. The Internet is, however, an open system, and technology and human operators are not infallible. Accordingly, we cannot and do not guarantee that the individual user information you have transmitted, including PII, will not be intercepted by others and/or decrypted or accidentally disclosed. Any such transmission is at your own risk. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the internet, and we accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
Children and children's privacy
Platform Ireland is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users, particularly children. We target an audience that is 16 years of age or older, and some of our content may not be appropriate for all ages. For this reason, parents who wish to allow their children, under the age of 16, access to the Site or to send us an email or text message should assist them in setting up any relevant accounts and supervise them doing so. Where a child is providing us with PII, it is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to supervise them. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child and believe that he or she has disclosed PII to us, please contact us at info[at]platformireland[dot]ie Upon request, the parent or legal guardian of a child may review and request the deletion of such child's PII, as well as refuse to permit the further collection or use of such PII.
Still have questions?